1. Internet access is provided for business use only.
2. Internet users have a responsibility to use the Internet appropriately in conducting company business.
3. Internet users should be aware of the current Internet security practices within the company when sending confidential or mission critical information across the Internet.
4. Internet users must provide Corporate Communications with any corporate information for approval before it can be made available to the general public on the Internet.
5. Electronic communications generally are confidential; however, users should not expect confidentiality on the Internet.
6. Misuse of the Internet can result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Some examples of behavior that could result in disciplinary action are:
- Illegally down-loading electronic files
- Sending threatening messages/files
- Sending racially or sexually harassing messages/files
- Sending chain letters through e-mail
- Attempting to access any computer system without proper authorization
- Sending or posting confidential information
- Refusing to cooperate with management concerning Internet access
- Using company time and resources for personal gain